Visual Basic 6.0 vs. Visual Dbase 7.01
Author Message
 Visual Basic 6.0 vs. Visual Dbase 7.01

VB is ok for new development.  But for migration of xBase apps it
would be my last choice.  Primarily because that's what I've been
doing for the last 2 years.  Migrating a monstrous old Foxpro for DOS
app to VB.  And I didn't want VB either.  It was forced on me by
management.  To minimize cost and time spent, you must stick as
closely to the original environment as you can.  I know nothing about
Visual dBase, but I'm sure it would be a lot easier for you to migrate
your application to than VB.

jdm

Mon, 09 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Visual Basic 6.0 vs. Visual Dbase 7.01

Quote:
> Considering update to Visual Dbase 7.01, mostly
>because of my familiarity with DB4 and least amount of rewriting.  Comp
>administrator is in favor of Microsoft Access 97 with Visual Basic 6.0.

Give Visual Foxpro 6 a look. It is bundled in Visual Studio 6.  The language
will be familiar but you can then extend into the SQL and object oriented
approach when you get a chance.  VFP 6 also has a Year 2000 tool that checks
for suspicous statements.  You might be able to make your existing app y2k
compliant with some tweaks and then find some time to update it to OOP and
event driven.

Another plus of VFP6 is that it can query millions of records in sub-second
time.  MS Access beings to slow down well before that.

Just my two cents.

Tue, 10 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Visual Dbase Vs Visual Basic

2. visual dbase VS visual basic

3. visual dbase VS visual basic

4. Visual dBase vs. Visual Basic

5. do Visual Basic 6.0 and Visual Basic .NET version beta Working Both

6. Visual Basic 3.0 to Visual Basic 6.0

7. Preparing Your Visual Basic 6.0 Applications for the Upgrade to Visual Basic.NET

8. Visual Basic 5 vs. Visual Basic 6

9. Visual Basic 3.0 vs Visual Basic 4.0

10. Visual Basic 5.0 vs. Visual Basic 4.0

11. Visual Basic ver5 vs Visual Basic ver6

12. The Visual Basic 6.0 migration tool is not installed on this computer (VS.NET Pro)