Data Source Name not found and no default driver specified error
Author Message
 Data Source Name not found and no default driver specified error

Hello Everyone,
I developed a Visual Basic program that will read a contacts database,
everything seems to work just fine in my computer. I use the Package and
Deployment Wizard that came with my VB6 to be able to install this in
another computer. I then try to installed this package in another computer
and I get this "[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data Source Name not found
and no default driver specified" the rest of the program shows however the
data does not... Does anyone out there knows what I can do to fix this
problem? All the help that I can get will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance...

Jeff-

Thu, 20 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Data Source Name not found and no default driver specified error
in your program you use DSN configured and created in control panel/odbc
sources.
when you install app on some other computer this dsn entry doesn't exists
and app can't find your data. you have to create the same DSN (the one
you're using on your comp) on that computer.

Fri, 21 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Data Source Name not found and no default driver specified error

Jeff,

This error message means that on the workstation you tried to install this on
the ODBC setting has not been created.

The fix is to go to control panel; ODBC Data Sources; The System DSN tab and
check for the ODBC data source.  If it is not there create it.

Cordially

Tony Mullins

Quote:

> Hello Everyone,
> I developed a visual basic program that will read a contacts database,
> everything seems to work just fine in my computer. I use the Package and
> Deployment Wizard that came with my VB6 to be able to install this in
> another computer. I then try to installed this package in another computer
> and I get this "[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data Source Name not found
> and no default driver specified" the rest of the program shows however the
> data does not... Does anyone out there knows what I can do to fix this
> problem? All the help that I can get will be greatly appreciated.

> Thanks in advance...

> Jeff-

  amulli3.vcf
< 1K Download

Tue, 25 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. [ODC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

2. [ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

3. debug--data source name or default driver not found

4. Data source name not found and no default driver specified HELP!

5. error msg: Data Source Name Not Found...

6. Data Source name not found error???

7. VB4.0/Oracle/Data source name not found

8. help - "data source name not found"

9. Data source name not found (80004005)

10. help - "data source name not found"

11. Data source name not found

12. ADO could not find the specified driver