Clipper 5.x and visual basic
Author Message
 Clipper 5.x and visual basic

Quote:

>Does anyone know of any patches that let you use Clipper databases and
>indexes with VB3.0?

>Thanks

I might not understand your question, but if you are tring to use a dBase
database you can connect to it using the OpenDatabase command specifying
the directory as the database and connect as DBASE IV as the
recordsource.  You also have to create an INF file containg details of
your index names. It look s something like this:

NDX1=<Index 1 Filename>.NDX
NDX2=<Index 2 Filename>.NDX
NDXn=<Index n Filename>.NDX

I have used dBase files in the past but I wouldn't recommended it as
there are some funny quirks.

Good Luck

Dean Hobbs

Tue, 31 Mar 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Clipper 5.x and visual basic

Quote:

>Does anyone know of any patches that let you use Clipper databases and
>indexes with VB3.0?

 You can use the databases but not the indexes. JET does not support
the Clipper NTX files.

Mike Beaver                      | Voice: (916) 721-0315
Chief Technical Representative   | Fax:   (916) 723-4875

Box 7706 Citrus Heights CA 95621 | Home Page: http://www.imagecomp.com
* Expert Computer Services * Best Internet Selling Tools * and More *

Wed, 01 Apr 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help migrating from CLIPPER to VISUAL BASIC

2. Clipper and Visual Basic

3. Van Clipper overstappen naar Visual basic of Delphi ?

4. visual basic and clipper - need a translation

5. Visual Basic and Clipper

6. Code converter betwen clipper and Visual Basic

7. Clipper 5.x and visual basic

8. Van Clipper overstappen naar Visual basic of Delphi ?

9. Clipper to visual basic?

10. Visual Basic and Clipper

11. Visual Basic and Clipper Dbf/Ntx Files

12. Visual Basic - CLIPPER