HELP! How to transfer snapshot data to a database!
Author Message
 HELP! How to transfer snapshot data to a database!

I'm running SQL Server 4.21 and NT 3.5.  We have ODBC connection to an
AS/400.  I'm not fluent in SQL so please stand by.  Here is my problem.

I need to obtain records from the AS/400 and insert them into the SQL
Server database.  The only way I can think of doing this is like this:
Create a snapshot of the data from the AS/400 and new ADDNEW and UPDATES
after setting each column of data.  But what I would like to do is this.

Insert into {SQL Server Table} * from {AS/400 Table} Where {Some
condition}

But I don't know how to do it with the different database names and
tables?

Any ideas?  help?

Thanks,
Dave Zangger

Tue, 23 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. HELP: data transfer from VB database to Excel

2. Transfer data from record A(database A) to record B(database B)

3. Help Please: Database to Database Transfer

4. Transfer data from Outlook folder tot Access database

5. Transferring data between different databases

6. data transfer between multiple databases

7. transfer data between multiple databases

8. Transferring data between different databases

9. Monitoring Data Transfer of Internet Transfer Contol

10. Data control + snapshot question

11. Snapshot-Type Recordset as Crystal Data source.

12. Data limit for snapshot and dynaset