Advice on Books
Author Message
 Advice on Books

Hello Everyone,
I'm a VB beginner, however I have programming experience in fortran and C
for 5 years.  I'd like to move to VB programming areas such as database and
Web.  I wonder if anyone can give me suggestion on any useful books.  I
appreciate your help and many thanks in advance.

Regards,
Phi

Wed, 30 Jul 2003 15:10:02 GMT
 Advice on Books
Hi Phil

I have purchased numerous books and can honestly say that the best of them
all (for me anyhow) was ....

Programming Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 By Francesco Balena (Microsoft Press)
ISBN 0-7356-0558-0

Go to your local bookstore and browse it before you buy

Best regards Fred

Quote:
> Hello Everyone,
> I'm a VB beginner, however I have programming experience in Fortran and C
> for 5 years.  I'd like to move to VB programming areas such as database
and
> Web.  I wonder if anyone can give me suggestion on any useful books.  I
> appreciate your help and many thanks in advance.

> Regards,
> Phi

Wed, 30 Jul 2003 19:37:05 GMT
 Advice on Books
Sams teach yourself visual in 24hours
sams teach yourself visual basic in 21 days

Wed, 30 Jul 2003 20:08:56 GMT
 Advice on Books
Anything authored or co-authored by Ken Getz or Paul Litwin.  They are tops.

Wed, 30 Jul 2003 21:34:14 GMT

1. Advice Reference Books

2. Any advice for a good VB .net book?

3. Need advice on QuickBASIC book.

4. Need advice on Basic Book

5. need advice on VB database books

6. ...Need advice on VB books

7. Beginner seeking book advice

8. Please, advice on a good book

9. Advice on API book

10. Book reviews/advice

11. Books on VBScript - advice please

12. Advice about good books concerning Database Programming with Visual Basic