Controls lose binding when I switch database to different location
Author Message
 Controls lose binding when I switch database to different location

I have the data control pointing to a local Access database for testing
and
when I compile I change it to the Access database on our server.  I give
the fully qualified network path.
When I start the program or even run it inside VB, it shows me the data
and
let me edit it, but it won't save it to the db.  Almost like it is not

bound to the database.

Any ideas?
--
Kevin D. Goff
ABC School Supply, Inc.

Fri, 29 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Controls lose binding when I switch database to different location

Try refreshing the data control
Data1.refresh

Quote:
> I have the data control pointing to a local Access database for testing
> and
> when I compile I change it to the Access database on our server.  I give
> the fully qualified network path.
> When I start the program or even run it inside VB, it shows me the data
> and
> let me edit it, but it won't save it to the db.  Almost like it is not

> bound to the database.

> Any ideas?
> --
> Kevin D. Goff
> ABC School Supply, Inc.

Sat, 30 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Controls lose binding when I switch database to different location

2. Copying files from different locations to different locations

3. Can Bound controls update two different databases

4. ?Data bound controls lost binding after filtering

5. Data designer bound controls seem to lose their binding to the recordset with Requery

6. ?Data bound controls lost binding after filtering

7. Data designer bound controls seem to lose their binding to the recordset with Requery

8. ?Data bound controls lost binding after filtering

9. ?Data bound controls lost binding after filtering

10. Trying to bind data from two different tables to two different controls

11. Switch ODBC to different database PLEASE!

12. ODBC database location different between machines?