Access 97 bound or not ot bound controls
Author Message
 Access 97 bound or not ot bound controls

Hello all,

    I'm making a simple app through access97. I'm using forms as data entry
and was wondering if bounding(easiest method) the textboxes to related
fields would be the best choice. I understand using recordsets(greater
control?) but not sure if i should use one or the other.
    Just not sure which is the best approach. Any input on cons/pros would
help alot. Thanks for any help!

    h2os

Sun, 09 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Access 97 bound or not ot bound controls
depends who you talk to.  Most would say that you should always use unbound
controls since it gives you more control over the data. and keeps the user
from directly using the tables.

others say. go for it....

I am of the opinion it depends on what you do..

that is just my opinion...I work for a shop that only allows unbound
controls.

harry

Quote:

> Hello all,

>     I'm making a simple app through access97. I'm using forms as data
entry
> and was wondering if bounding(easiest method) the textboxes to related
> fields would be the best choice. I understand using recordsets(greater
> control?) but not sure if i should use one or the other.
>     Just not sure which is the best approach. Any input on cons/pros would
> help alot. Thanks for any help!

>     h2os

Sat, 15 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Access 97 bound or not ot bound controls
I've done it both ways.  It takes a LOT more code to use unbound controls.  If
you're using bound controls and you're concerned about protecting certain data
fields in the underlying tables, set those controls so they can only display
the data ... set the locked property to True, the enabled property to False.

Wed, 26 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Using Access 97 replication ID's with VB5 data control and other bound controls

2. Data-bound Masked Edit makes all data-bound controls not display data

3. Data Bound User Control Not Binding

4. Access 97: How to determine width of field bound to text box

5. To Bind or not to Bind ???

6. Data bound Combos or Not Data Bound Combos

7. To BOUND or NOT to BOUND

8. VB bound controls not saving to Access

9. How do I bind columns from several tables to one bound control in VB 5.0

10. How to create a data bound control that binds to a row

11. binding a data bound grid control programmatically

12. ?Data bound controls lost binding after filtering