Upgrading Oracle 73 to 8
Author Message
 Upgrading Oracle 73 to 8

I am a VB developer currently programming in VB 5 and
connecting to a Oracle 7.3.4 database using ORACLE73 ver 2.5 ODBC
drivers. We will be shortly upgrading our database to 8.0.5 and
wondering if anyone has a similar experience. Were you able to
use the same ODBC drivers (ORACLE73) to connect to 8, or possibly
found the ORACLE8 drivers buggy? Any insight you could provide
would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ed Bartholomew

Fri, 02 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Upgrading Oracle 73 to 8
I am running VB 6.

The Oracle8 drivers work just fine. I have had some trouble with the
Oracle73 drivers anyway no matter which version of Oracle. It was probably
an installation problem. You know Oracle orainst.....

Good Luck!

Quote:

>I am a VB developer currently programming in VB 5 and
>connecting to a Oracle 7.3.4 database using ORACLE73 ver 2.5 ODBC
>drivers. We will be shortly upgrading our database to 8.0.5 and
>wondering if anyone has a similar experience. Were you able to
>use the same ODBC drivers (ORACLE73) to connect to 8, or possibly
>found the ORACLE8 drivers buggy? Any insight you could provide
>would be appreciated.

>Thanks,
>Ed Bartholomew

>---Share what you know. Learn what you don't.---

Mon, 05 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Trouble with ADO in VB5 to Oracle 7.33, using the Oracle 73 driver

2. Trouble with ADO in VB5 with Oracle 7.33 and Oracle 73 driver

3. VB4 connecting to Oracle 73

4. Visual Basic connecting to Oracle 73

5. Microsoft ODBC for Oracle v 2.73.728303 issue with WINNT

6. VB5, Oracle 73 and CR 4.6

7. MaxRows - Oracle 2.73.726900 (MDAC) Driver Help

8. Export (flat file through textstream or print#) need to break the fields at column 73

9. Breaking a field using textstream at certain column number (73)

10. Oracle, VB4 to VB6 upgrade, RDOColumn size

11. Oracle upgrade w.r.t. VB

12. Oracle upgrade w.r.t. VB