Commit data to access database on network server
Author Message
 Commit data to access database on network server

I'm testing a multiuser setup. I have an access database on network server
(driver F:). I have the same small one form program set up on two user
machines each with 3 databound textboxes and ADO datacontrol to provide the
data. When I change the data on one machine it doesn't show on the other
until I exit the program. How can I force (commit) an immediate update???
Ken

Sun, 24 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Commit data to access database on network server
You would have to close and reopen the data connection or ou might be able
to do it with a requery.  I would try the requery first and see if it picks
it up.

Steve Driscoll
Sr. Programer
Getronics/Wang

Quote:
> I'm testing a multiuser setup. I have an access database on network server
> (driver F:). I have the same small one form program set up on two user
> machines each with 3 databound textboxes and ADO datacontrol to provide
the
> data. When I change the data on one machine it doesn't show on the other
> until I exit the program. How can I force (commit) an immediate update???
> Ken

Sun, 24 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Oracle commits vs Sybase/SQL-Server commits

2. Insert Data Into Access Database From SQL Server ADO Insert

3. MS Access 7 Database on Network and VB5 Multi User Access Problem

4. access to MS ACCESS database in a simple peer to peer network

5. Accessing Access database over network is SLOW

6. Access database to SQL server database

7. Retrieving data from multiple servers using a common data access component

8. Is Access database a client-server database?

9. VB6 data on network server

10. vb6.0 data files on network server

11. Accessing Access database on server using VB5

12. Q: Data from Access database without Data Control