Package & Deployment Wizard and Bitmaps
Author Message
 Package & Deployment Wizard and Bitmaps

Hi there Folks,
is there a way one can display bitmaps during the installation/setup of an
application using the package & Deployment Wizard ?
What I am trying to say is that, can one display things like company logos
or other graphic files during the application installation ? If so, can you
tell me how I can customize a script to achieve this.
Thanks
Regards
Mohammed

Fri, 20 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Package & Deployment Wizard and Bitmaps
On Mon, 3 Jul 2000 07:38:24 GMT, "Mohammed Shola-Okoro" <Mohammed

comp.lang.basic.visual.database:

Quote:
>Hi there Folks,
>is there a way one can display bitmaps during the installation/setup of an
>application using the package & Deployment Wizard ?
>What I am trying to say is that, can one display things like company logos
>or other graphic files during the application installation ? If so, can you
>tell me how I can customize a script to achieve this.
>Thanks
>Regards
>Mohammed

What you want to do is change the Setup1.exe program.  Which you can.
Just open the project in the folder:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VB98\Wizards\PDWizard\Setup1

Make sure to make a backup first mind you. and dig around the code and
forms.  You can change alot as to how the setup looks and feels.  If
you don't want to do that then you can download the Visual Installer
for VS.  It works off the Windows Installer and can be customized
easier.

Hope this helps

Fri, 20 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Com Addin - Package & Deployment Wizard

2. Package & Deployment Wizard - error

3. Package & Deployment Wizard in Outlook 2000

4. Package & Deployment Wizard problem under NT

5. Package&Deployment wizard problem

6. package & Deployment Wizard

7. Package & Deployment Wizard Query

8. Dynamic Setup using Package & Deployment Wizard - URGENT

9. VB6 and Package & Deployment Wizard

10. Package & Deployment Wizard: Installing DLLs

11. VB6:Using Package & Deployment Wizard

12. Package & Deployment Wizard