VB6 - Oracle - UNIX
Author Message
 VB6 - Oracle - UNIX

Does anyone know HOW to approach Oracle-tables on a UNIX-server from a
VB6-application ?

Thanks a lot!

Fri, 02 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 VB6 - Oracle - UNIX
ODBC?
Quote:

>Does anyone know HOW to approach Oracle-tables on a UNIX-server from a
>VB6-application ?

>Thanks a lot!

Fri, 02 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 VB6 - Oracle - UNIX
You use ODBC and an Oracle utility called SQL*Net. You must have SQL*Net
installed on your client (to my knowledge it is free, they get you with
concurrent  db access licensing on the server end).
When SQL*Net is installed it comes with either a utility called "SQL*Net
Easy Configuration" or "Net8 Easy Configuration". You use that to make a
named connection to the Unix Oracle database. You use that named connection
(I use the same name as the Oracle SID throughout this process so I don't
{*filter*}up) in your ODBC DSN setup (this is called a TNSName and is found in
your tnsnames.ora file, which your Oracle guru on site will understand). You
then use that ODBC connection in VB.

This is the Reader's Digest version, but it will get you started.

Good Luck!

Quote:

>Does anyone know HOW to approach Oracle-tables on a UNIX-server from a
>VB6-application ?

>Thanks a lot!

Mon, 05 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB6 - Oracle - UNIX

2. VB6 - Oracle - UNIX

3. oracle unix, ado, terminal server and vb6, bullshit

4. VB4 Oracle on Unix?

5. Unix / Oracle /CR 8.5

6. How can VB accessing Oracle in UNIX.

7. Reward!VB accessing Oracle in Unix

8. connecting to oracle on unix

9. DATABASE / DATAWAREHOUSING (UNIX, ORACLE, OPENVMS, MS, SYBASE)

10. ACCESSING ORACLE DB ON UNIX

11. Connecting oracle ( Unix server ) from windows mc using vb

12. DATABASE / DATAWAREHOUSING (UNIX, ORACLE, OPENVMS, MS, SYBASE)