Sql server stored procedures not returning a recordset...?
Author Message
 Sql server stored procedures not returning a recordset...?

Hi all

I have a stored procedure:

CREATE PROCEDURE test
AS

select * into #tempTable from handset
select 5

I call this from VB using ADO.
However I do not get back a recordset. I would expect a recordset back
with only one field containing the value 5. The recordset that ado
returns does not contain anything at all.

What am i doing wrong?

Stranger though, I have noticed that
if I swap the order of the sql statements around in the stored
procedure, so that I have:

CREATE PROCEDURE test
AS

select 5
select * into #tempTable from handset

ado returns one field with the value 5, as I would expect.
So why does it not work the other way around.

What Am i doing wrong, or I am missing something or doing this the
wrong way.

Anyhelp on this matter wil be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Ily

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Sat, 02 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Opening an ADO recordset against a dataset returned from a SQL Server Stored Procedure

2. Returning a recordset from SQL Server stored procedure

3. SQL Server 2000 stored procedure not returning rows

4. SQL Server 2000 stored procedure not returning rows

5. Recordsets not returned from stored procedures

6. SQL stored procedure returning unusual ado recordset

7. Stored procedure not returning a recordset....?

8. Return from SQL Server stored procedure

9. Return status from a SQL Server stored procedure

10. Getting a return value from a SQL Server stored procedure through VB

11. Getting a return value from a stored procedure in SQL Server

12. Accessing return parameter from SQL server Stored Procedure