DataControl..Update database type question
Author Message
 DataControl..Update database type question

Help this thing is driving me nuts..startight to the point here is what i want
doing.  I have three tables in an Access database.  I want to extract 4 fields
from tables one and two (two fields from each) and then put all four fields in
the table three.  Table three's fields have exactly the same named fields as i
have extracted and on extra field..a key field.  The two things that i want to
do are firstly fill a dbgrid with the four extracted fields.  Which i have done
successfully using the SET data1.recordset = Sql.result.   However when i look
at the database its the data control hasnt written anything to the database and
the data1.recordset.edit and  data1.recordset.update methods bring about
errors. HELP please what am i doing wrong? I will keep checking the groups but
Email responses for speed will be much much apprecitated

Update your bookmarks my VB home page has moved to:
www.angelfire.com/me/VBmaster/

Mon, 18 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Datacontrol to Access database question

2. updating wrong recordset using Datacontrol?

3. DBGrid Update from a second Datacontrol?

4. DataControl On Line Update with SQL Passthrough

5. Requery/Update/Datacontrol ?

6. How do I disable the auto update of the DataControl

7. Update DataControl

8. ADO DataControl and updates.

9. Database Access File Type Question

10. Simple question...Type Database not defined

11. Simple question...Type Database not defined

12. Newbie Questions About Updating Database Fields