Too many local, non-static variables
Author Message
 Too many local, non-static variables

Hello

I am trying to access a dbase table whenever the click-event occurs for
a drop down list box. I want to use code and I've consulted the help on
the matter and I was told to use the following syntax:

Dim dbsJet As Database
Dim rstAccounts As Recordset

' Open external dBASE database.
Set dbsJet = OpenDatabase _
        ("\\dBASE\Data\AP", False, False, "dBASE III;")

 This is word for word, exactly from the help.
When I try to run this I receive the error: "Too many local, non-static
variables" Visual Basic highlights the OpenDatabase method so I am
assuming it thinks that it is an undeclared function of some kind.

I receive the same message when I try to add records using

 Data2.Recordset.AddNew

except that the recordset property is highlighted

I would appreciate any help on this matter

Ryan Thompson

Sat, 08 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Too many local, nonstatic variables...

2. Too Many Local, Nonstatic Variables

3. Error: Too many local nonstatic variables

4. Too many local, nonstatic variables

5. Too many local, nonstatic variables

6. VB5 problem: Too many local, nonstatic variables

7. Would like to get value from local static variable

8. How to initialize a local static variable?

9. Static variable not static enough ???

10. non-local source code files

11. WebBrowser control won't access Non-local pages

12. Non-Compiled Local Interface Definition