sql-server access via visual basic
Author Message
 sql-server access via visual basic

hi,

I've been developing database-applications using oracle in the back-
and visual-basic 5.0 clients in the frontend. For a new project I want
to evaluate the microsoft sql server.

what possibilities do I have to access a sql-server within a VB-app,
aside from ODBC (which whenever I tried to use it seemed to be quite
slow)?

thx 4 information

mike

Mon, 07 Jun 2004 21:29:48 GMT
 sql-server access via visual basic
Try "Provider = SQLOLEDB.1;". This works with VB6. I'm not sure about VB5.

Quote:
> hi,

> I've been developing database-applications using oracle in the back-
> and visual-basic 5.0 clients in the frontend. For a new project I want
> to evaluate the microsoft sql server.

> what possibilities do I have to access a sql-server within a VB-app,
> aside from ODBC (which whenever I tried to use it seemed to be quite
> slow)?

> thx 4 information

> mike

Tue, 08 Jun 2004 02:38:42 GMT

1. Import text file in SQL Server 6.5 via SQL in Visual Basic

2. Import text file in SQL Server 6.5 via SQL in Visual Basic

3. Application Development: MS-Access, Visual Basic, SQL Server, SQL Anywhere

4. Connecting to Access via Visual Basic via Internet

5. US-NY-New York City-Visual Basic-MS ACCESS-SQL Server-SYBASE-RDO

6. Visual Basic App using Foxpro DB vs Access DB vs SQL Server DB

7. Accessing SQL Server 6.0 from Visual Basic

8. CA-Prog Analyst, MS SQL Server, Visual Basic and MS Access

9. Visual Basic App using Foxpro DB vs Access DB vs SQL Server DB

10. MS-Access, Visual Basic, SQL Server, SyBase, C++, Java

11. BUG: Visual Basic 6.0 T-SQL Debugger Fails Against SQL Server 2000 Named Instance (Q310647)

12. VB Sql Server Via ADO Problem: [Microsoft][ODBC Sql Server Driver]