Newbie needs Big Time Help!!!
Author Message
 Newbie needs Big Time Help!!!

Hi all,
I don't have much experience with VB just purchased VB 5.0 a few weeks ago
and have read a couple books. I have started to create a program that is a
"search engine" for a database. This project is for work. The database which
is an "Access" one contains various fields which are mostly text but one is
a photograph field. I have indexed all of the fields.
In the program that I am creating I have a search button that searches for
the SSN of the people in the database then various labels that display the
information from the database. So far this works great but unfortunately the
photograph does not come up in the image control that I have created. All
the links to the database have been set. When I search for the information
such as entering the SSN the info. pops up and then I get the following
error.

Microsoft Visual Basic
Invalid Picture

I am using only windows metafiles and bitmaps in the database and don't know
how to get this to work.
Here is the code:

Private Sub Image2_Click()

End Sub

Private Sub cmdQuit_Click()
    End
End Sub

Private Sub cmdSearch_Click()
    prompt$ = "Enter SSN Number with dashes."
    SearchStr$ = InputBox(prompt$, "SSN Search")
    datPhotos.Recordset.Index = "SSN"
    datPhotos.Recordset.Seek "=", SearchStr$
    If datPhotos.Recordset.NoMatch Then
        MsgBox ("Sorry, I couldn't find the requested SSN.")
    End If
End Sub

Private Sub ImgMug_DragDrop(Source As Control, X As Single, Y As Single)
    Image1.Picture = Source.Picture
End Sub

Private Sub imgPrinter_Click()
    Load Form2
    Form2.Image1.Picture = Source.Picture
    On Error GoTo PrinterError
    Form2.PrintForm
    Unload Form2
    Exit Sub

PrinterError:
    MsgBox (Err.Description), , "Printer Error"
    MsgBox ("Printing feature disabled"), , "Mug Shot Search"
    imgPrinter.Enabled = False
    imgPrinter.Picture = ImgStop.Picture
    Resume Next
End Sub

PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Thanks,
David Pazynski

Fri, 25 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
[...]

Quote:

> Hi all,
> I don't have much experience with VB just purchased VB 5.0 a few weeks ago
> and have read a couple books. I have started to create a program that is a
> "search engine" for a database. This project is for work. The database which
> is an "Access" one contains various fields which are mostly text but one is
> a photograph field. I have indexed all of the fields.
> In the program that I am creating I have a search button that searches for
> the SSN of the people in the database then various labels that display the
> information from the database. So far this works great but unfortunately the
> photograph does not come up in the image control that I have created. All
> the links to the database have been set. When I search for the information
> such as entering the SSN the info. pops up and then I get the following
> error.

> Microsoft Visual Basic
> Invalid Picture

> I am using only windows metafiles and bitmaps in the database and don't know
> how to get this to work.
> Here is the code:

> Private Sub Image2_Click()

> End Sub

> Private Sub cmdQuit_Click()
>     End
> End Sub

> Private Sub cmdSearch_Click()
>     prompt$ = "Enter SSN Number with dashes."
>     SearchStr$ = InputBox(prompt$, "SSN Search")
>     datPhotos.Recordset.Index = "SSN"
>     datPhotos.Recordset.Seek "=", SearchStr$
>     If datPhotos.Recordset.NoMatch Then
>         MsgBox ("Sorry, I couldn't find the requested SSN.")
>     End If
> End Sub

> Private Sub ImgMug_DragDrop(Source As Control, X As Single, Y As Single)
>     Image1.Picture = Source.Picture
> End Sub

> Private Sub imgPrinter_Click()
>     Load Form2
>     Form2.Image1.Picture = Source.Picture
>     On Error GoTo PrinterError
>     Form2.PrintForm
>     Unload Form2
>     Exit Sub

> PrinterError:
>     MsgBox (Err.Description), , "Printer Error"
>     MsgBox ("Printing feature disabled"), , "Mug Shot Search"
>     imgPrinter.Enabled = False
>     imgPrinter.Picture = ImgStop.Picture
>     Resume Next
> End Sub

> PLEASE HELP ME!!!

> Thanks,
> David Pazynski

  You cannot set a picture=picture, you need to use LoadPicture or GetClipboard
functions.

Sun, 27 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Newbie needs Big Time Help!!!

Hi David,

Hi David,

you have to use a OLE object in the form  and the best advise i can give you
you is to read about it first as there are as you expect some
proceduralisation to this event specific to access

like setting the class then the object type then the file name and finnaly
linking to the form

I hope this helps  post if has please

Quote:

>Hi all,
>I don't have much experience with VB just purchased VB 5.0 a few weeks ago
>and have read a couple books. I have started to create a program that is a
>"search engine" for a database. This project is for work. The database
which
>is an "Access" one contains various fields which are mostly text but one is
>a photograph field. I have indexed all of the fields.
>In the program that I am creating I have a search button that searches for
>the SSN of the people in the database then various labels that display the
>information from the database. So far this works great but unfortunately
the
>photograph does not come up in the image control that I have created. All
>the links to the database have been set. When I search for the information
>such as entering the SSN the info. pops up and then I get the following
>error.

>Microsoft Visual Basic
>Invalid Picture

>I am using only windows metafiles and bitmaps in the database and don't
know
>how to get this to work.
>Here is the code:

>Private Sub Image2_Click()

>End Sub

>Private Sub cmdQuit_Click()
>    End
>End Sub

>Private Sub cmdSearch_Click()
>    prompt$ = "Enter SSN Number with dashes."
>    SearchStr$ = InputBox(prompt$, "SSN Search")
>    datPhotos.Recordset.Index = "SSN"
>    datPhotos.Recordset.Seek "=", SearchStr$
>    If datPhotos.Recordset.NoMatch Then
>        MsgBox ("Sorry, I couldn't find the requested SSN.")
>    End If
>End Sub

>Private Sub ImgMug_DragDrop(Source As Control, X As Single, Y As Single)
>    Image1.Picture = Source.Picture
>End Sub

>Private Sub imgPrinter_Click()
>    Load Form2
>    Form2.Image1.Picture = Source.Picture
>    On Error GoTo PrinterError
>    Form2.PrintForm
>    Unload Form2
>    Exit Sub

>PrinterError:
>    MsgBox (Err.Description), , "Printer Error"
>    MsgBox ("Printing feature disabled"), , "Mug Shot Search"
>    imgPrinter.Enabled = False
>    imgPrinter.Picture = ImgStop.Picture
>    Resume Next
>End Sub

>PLEASE HELP ME!!!

>Thanks,
>David Pazynski

Tue, 29 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Newbie needs Big Time Help!!!

ummm.. yes you can, as long as you use the set operator.
SET picture2.picture = picture2.image
SET Picture1.picture = picture2.picture

--

Don't forget to check out our web page for more great hints!
www.xtremecomp.com

Quote:

>> Hi all,
>> I don't have much experience with VB just purchased VB 5.0 a few weeks
ago
>> and have read a couple books. I have started to create a program that is
>> "search engine" for a database. This project is for work. The database
which
>> is an "Access" one contains various fields which are mostly text but one
is
>> a photograph field. I have indexed all of the fields.
>> In the program that I am creating I have a search button that searches
for
>> the SSN of the people in the database then various labels that display
the
>> information from the database. So far this works great but unfortunately
the
>> photograph does not come up in the image control that I have created. All
>> the links to the database have been set. When I search for the
information
>> such as entering the SSN the info. pops up and then I get the following
>> error.

>> Microsoft Visual Basic
>> Invalid Picture

>> I am using only windows metafiles and bitmaps in the database and don't
know
>> how to get this to work.
>> Here is the code:

>> Private Sub Image2_Click()

>> End Sub

>> Private Sub cmdQuit_Click()
>>     End
>> End Sub

>> Private Sub cmdSearch_Click()
>>     prompt$ = "Enter SSN Number with dashes."
>>     SearchStr$ = InputBox(prompt$, "SSN Search")
>>     datPhotos.Recordset.Index = "SSN"
>>     datPhotos.Recordset.Seek "=", SearchStr$
>>     If datPhotos.Recordset.NoMatch Then
>>         MsgBox ("Sorry, I couldn't find the requested SSN.")
>>     End If
>> End Sub

>> Private Sub ImgMug_DragDrop(Source As Control, X As Single, Y As Single)
>>     Image1.Picture = Source.Picture
>> End Sub

>> Private Sub imgPrinter_Click()
>>     Load Form2
>>     Form2.Image1.Picture = Source.Picture
>>     On Error GoTo PrinterError
>>     Form2.PrintForm
>>     Unload Form2
>>     Exit Sub

>> PrinterError:
>>     MsgBox (Err.Description), , "Printer Error"
>>     MsgBox ("Printing feature disabled"), , "Mug Shot Search"
>>     imgPrinter.Enabled = False
>>     imgPrinter.Picture = ImgStop.Picture
>>     Resume Next
>> End Sub

>> PLEASE HELP ME!!!

>> Thanks,
>> David Pazynski

>  You cannot set a picture=picture, you need to use LoadPicture or
GetClipboard
>functions.

Tue, 29 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. newbie needs big help

2. Little Newbie needs Big Help

3. I need big time help with graphics

4. BIG TIME HELP NEEDED ASAP

5. Big Time Help Needed...!!

6. NEED BIG TIME HELP USING RegEnumValue function (Win32API) !!!!

7. NEED BIG TIME HELP USING RegEnumValue function (Win32API) !!!!

8. NEED BIG TIME HELP USING RegEnumValue function (Win32API) !!!!

9. NEED BIG TIME HELP USING RegEnumValue function (Win32API) !!!!

10. Need big help for big problem

11. {Need Help Big Project Need Help}

12. newbie: need help re: timed execution