01S03 [Microsoft][ODBC Library] No rows updated or deleted
Author Message
 01S03 [Microsoft][ODBC Library] No rows updated or deleted

The Error message in the title is driving me out of my mind!

I have taken over a project written in VB 4.0, which runs against an Oracle
DB, the project has been error-prone, but I seem to have been able to fix
most of the "crap" in it. Anyway the application has been running quite all
right for some months now. Suddenly, I get this stupid error message, I have
absolutely no idea whatsoever, where it comes from, or what to do about it.
The error comes when I have an update statement on a msrdc32.ocx.

like:
msrdc1.edit
msrdc1("fieldname") = "value"  'I'm not sure if this is the right syntax, in
the code it is correct, this is not the problem
msrdc1.update 'This is the line that suddenly gives me this ridiculous
errormessage.

I have even contacted Microsoft's support team, and used up one of my "free
questions", fat help that was, the bloke had absolutely no idea what Visual
Basic was. So here I am asking the real experts for help (the real experts
are the ones that actually work with VB)

Any help will be strongly appreciated.

In answering could you please send an e-mail as well as posting the answer
here....

Thanks beforehand.
Jens Fudge

Sun, 17 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Error: 40002 - 01S03: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]No rows updated or deleted

2. Error : 40002 - 01S03: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]No rows updated or deleted

3. Microsoft OLE DB provider for ODBC-internal client library error

4. Add/Update/Delete rows to DBGrid

5. Can't Delete A Row in DBGrid After Programmatic Update

6. No rows updated or deleted

7. No Rows Updated or Deleted

8. Delete and Update-problems with ODBC

9. A problem about ODBC API cursor positioned update and delete

10. Using the MODELENGLib library (Microsoft Visio Database Modeling Engine Type Library)

11. Rows.RemoveAt v. Rows.Delete

12. Row Handle referred to a deleted row ... - Error