VB error trapping of duplicates in indexed Access database
Author Message
 VB error trapping of duplicates in indexed Access database

Do I trap a duplicate indexed field entry (error 524) within the Access
database or the Visual Basic application itself.

The user will be running the VB program and entering data in a form bound to
an Access database.

Many Thanks!

Sun, 04 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 VB error trapping of duplicates in indexed Access database
Quote:

> Do I trap a duplicate indexed field entry (error 524) within the Access
> database or the Visual Basic application itself.

> The user will be running the VB program and entering data in a form bound to
> an Access database.

> Many Thanks!

Golden rule NO 1
ERROR TRAP EVERTHING YOU WRITE IN VB

This achieves two things:
1) Your code should never crash and burn unexpectedly
2) It allows you to provide more meaningful error messages to your users
and allows you the option of defining recovery procedures and allowing
the user to continue, if appropriate, OR messaging to the users (and you
for when you have to fix it) where a problem has occurred.

Sat, 10 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. trap "duplicate key" errors

2. Trap duplicate value error in primary key

3. Trap duplicate value error

4. Trap duplicate value error in primary key relationship

5. Duplicate value in index Error

6. Duplicate Value in Index/Primary Key Error

7. Duplicate Indexes/PrimaryKey Error with AutoNumber...Help!!!!

8. Adding Field to Access db - need to make indexed property of field No Duplicates

9. index error trapping

10. How to : Trap Error 3022, dup key/index

11. Trapping database errors in VB

12. How do i access a Btrieve database with VB using indexes