vb30 /blob/ bitmap/ access 2.0 question
Author Message
 vb30 /blob/ bitmap/ access 2.0 question

I have been trying for hours to figure out how to save a bitmap from a
picture box in an access database as an OLE object. Al I seem to get
is a 'large binary object' in the data base. If I 'cut' and 'paste' it
into access it stores as a ole bitmap. I just can't seem to ever
retrieve a bitmap from the database in vb30 a small sample source code
example would be MOST APPRECIATED! TIA Curt
Only those who can see the invisible, can do the imposible.

Thu, 20 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 vb30 /blob/ bitmap/ access 2.0 question

Quote:

>I have been trying for hours to figure out how to save a bitmap from a
>picture box in an access database as an OLE object. Al I seem to get
>is a 'large binary object' in the data base. If I 'cut' and 'paste' it
>into access it stores as a ole bitmap. I just can't seem to ever
>retrieve a bitmap from the database in vb30 a small sample source code
>example would be MOST APPRECIATED! TIA Curt
>Only those who can see the invisible, can do the imposible.

I used a data control and PictureBox to save and restore a picture in
a database memo field.
I'm lookink forward for any better solution.

Andreas

Sun, 19 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 vb30 /blob/ bitmap/ access 2.0 question

Quote:

> >I have been trying for hours to figure out how to save a bitmap from a
> >picture box in an access database as an OLE object. Al I seem to get
> >is a 'large binary object' in the data base. If I 'cut' and 'paste' it
> >into access it stores as a ole bitmap. I just can't seem to ever
> >retrieve a bitmap from the database in vb30 a small sample source code
> >example would be MOST APPRECIATED! TIA Curt

There's one at <http://www.microsoft.com/kb/default.asp> somewhere.

Quote:
> >Only those who can see the invisible, can do the imposible.

Are funny chemicals required? :-)

Quote:
> I used a data control and PictureBox to save and restore a picture in
> a database memo field.
> I'm lookink forward for any better solution.

The source example I mentioned above doesn't cover using VB3 to
*store* a bitmap readable by an Access OLE control, sorry.

Quote:

--
Joe Foster <mailto:joe*AT*bftsi0.gate.net> Spam is irrelevant.

Sun, 19 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 vb30 /blob/ bitmap/ access 2.0 question

How do you do this?

Tue, 21 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Bitmap Handle to BLOB (Long Binary) in Access 2.0 DB with VB3

2. VB30 <-<ODBC>-> Access 2.0

3. VB30 --<ODBC>-- Access 2.0

4. URGENT: Need VB30 / DRINGEND: Brauche VB30

5. URGENT: Need VB30 / DRINGEND: Brauche VB30

6. VB30: Accessing OLE-field in ACCESS-DB via OLE-VBX

7. Accessing Access 2.0 database with VB3, ODBC 2.0 and Microsotf Jet Engine Compatibility Layer

8. Install Access 2.0 Cmpt Layer w/o Access 2.0 for VB 3.0

9. Bitmap not showing in Blob Field

10. RDO 2.0: here is sample for read/write BLOB

11. RDO 2.0 sample code for read/write BLOB and timing problems

12. "Access/VB/Bitmap/Wave Question?"