Visual Dbase Vs Visual Basic
Author Message
 Visual Dbase Vs Visual Basic

I have heard so much about Visual Dbase as being well suited for Database programming,
but how far does it match up to Visual Basic, in the other areas of programming apart
from database management.

I am still contemplating in learning a language, and I am looking for one which is
general, simple to use and could be use for any purpose.

I have thought about Borland's delphi also. Anyone care to comment ?

Sun, 15 Mar 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Visual Dbase Vs Visual Basic
Dbase is good for developing data base applications but
lacks integrity

Access & Visual Basic Pro is my choice.
(I changed from Dbase for Dos because borland took so long to release
a Windows version)

Borland charge to much on upgrading the compiler ($300 aus) every
time they release a new version

Use Access to design and set relationships and queries

Setup application using VB

But wait for VB 4.0

I have not used the latest Visual Dbase but did experiment with Dbase
for Windows.  (I found it too slow)

Sun, 22 Mar 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. visual dbase VS visual basic

2. visual dbase VS visual basic

3. Visual Basic 6.0 vs. Visual Dbase 7.01

4. Visual dBase vs. Visual Basic

5. Visual Basic 5 vs. Visual Basic 6

6. Visual Basic 3.0 vs Visual Basic 4.0

7. Visual Basic 5.0 vs. Visual Basic 4.0

8. Visual Basic ver5 vs Visual Basic ver6

9. Visual Studio.NET vs Visual Basic.NET

10. Visual C++ vs Visual Basic

11. visual basic vs. visual c++ which is better

12. Visual Basic Vs. Visual C++