Renaming an Access field (reserved word) via VB6
Author Message
 Renaming an Access field (reserved word) via VB6

Hello,
I wonder if you can help ?

I have to manipulate an Access table via VB6 and write data to it with ADO,
however, a number of fields names use RESERVED WORDS of VB i.e. Add, Date
etc.

The application that uses and created these tables was VB itself, so I think
these tables were created using some type of class object (and a particular
field was written to/created using .Add, .Date (note the dot operator))

I have no experience of classes within VB, so I thought I may be able to
temporarily rename the field while I temporarily write to it then rename it
to it's original name.
OR
Is there anyway I can use the DOT notation i.e.    .Add or .Date within ADO
because the only way I can write to the table at present is with !firstname,
!lastname (! expression)

Mon, 29 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Referring to field whose name is a reserved word

2. Export Access Queries to a Word Doc via a VB6 Program

3. Exporting Access records to MS Word via VB6 front end app

4. Word objects from Acces via VB6 to WORD document

5. HOWTO: rename a table's field from Access Basic

6. ADO Renaming Access db Field?

7. VB30: Accessing OLE-field in ACCESS-DB via OLE-VBX

8. Accessing an Access Databse via a UNC path in VB6

9. Programmatically setting the Save As filename in a Word doc via VB6

10. Updating Record (via stored proc) with Blob Field using VB6

11. e-mail from Access via does not send merged Word document

12. Copying an OLE object from an Access table to Word via VBA