3197 Error Updating an ODBC Datasource
Author Message
 3197 Error Updating an ODBC Datasource

I have a VB5 app that reads records from an ODBC datasource, then summarizes
the record and writes it to a SQL Server table, and then puts a flag on the
record and updates the original ODBC table.  The ODBC table and SQL Server
table are JET linked through the same .MDB. It will process 568 records then
die with a 3197 - the Jet engine has stopped because you and another user are
attempting to change the same data at the same time.

If I try to restart the program, it will {*filter*}out on the very first record with
the same message.

Any ideas?

Mon, 31 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Error 3197

2. Error 3197?

3. Run-Time Error 3197 - please help its driving me insane

4. Puzzling Error - 3197 - Jet Stopped Process?

5. error using recordset.edit method (3197)

6. recordset.edit method won't work (error 3197)

7. Error - 3197 - Please help

8. Help. DAO 3197 error with single user

9. 3197 dao error

10. Error 3197 on a stand_alone pc

11. Error 3197 using SQL server

12. Jet Engine Error 3197 without Edit