Join two recordsets into one using DAO 3.6?
Author Message
 Join two recordsets into one using DAO 3.6?

Hi,

I am using DAO 3.6 with Access Database in VB6. I would like to
know if there is anyway to join two recordsets into a new
recordset or merge one recordset into another.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Up to 100 minutes free!
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Wed, 29 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Join two recordsets into one using DAO 3.6?
Hi. Can you simply use the logical OR in an SQL query, eg:

Select * From MyTable Where MyField = OneThing Or MyField = Another

Quote:

>Hi,

>I am using DAO 3.6 with Access Database in VB6. I would like to
>know if there is anyway to join two recordsets into a new
>recordset or merge one recordset into another.

>Thanks in advance for any help.

>Got questions?  Get answers over the phone at Keen.com.
>Up to 100 minutes free!
>http://www.keen.com

Thu, 30 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Join two recordsets into one using DAO 3.6?
Thanks for your suggestion. But that is not what I want to do.
The two recordsets are actually from 2 different Access MDBs.
But both the recordsets have the same fields.

Up to 100 minutes free!
http://www.keen.com

Thu, 30 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Join two recordsets into one using DAO 3.6?
You could try creating a temporary table and inserting the two recordets,
then use a select query. You can set up indexes on the temp table to prevent
duplicates if required.

Quote:
> Thanks for your suggestion. But that is not what I want to do.
> The two recordsets are actually from 2 different Access MDBs.
> But both the recordsets have the same fields.

> Got questions?  Get answers over the phone at Keen.com.
> Up to 100 minutes free!
> http://www.keen.com

Fri, 31 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Join two recordsets into one using DAO 3.6?
You might ahve some luck with a union. (This may need some adjustment for
Access)
"SELECT * FROM tbRen" & _
"UNION ALL" & _
"SELECT * FROM tbStimpy"

This would need some work if pulling the stuff from two different databases,
but a union is the basic idea I'd shoot for.

Quote:
> Hi,

> I am using DAO 3.6 with Access Database in VB6. I would like to
> know if there is anyway to join two recordsets into a new
> recordset or merge one recordset into another.

> Thanks in advance for any help.

> Got questions?  Get answers over the phone at Keen.com.
> Up to 100 minutes free!
> http://www.keen.com

Mon, 03 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Set Datacontrol recordset with DAO 3.6

2. Issues using DAO 3.6 with Access'97

3. Using DAO 3.6 with Access 97 in a VB application

4. display chinese using DAO 3.6/VB6 in accessing Access 2000 DB.

5. Moving from DAO 3.5 to DAO 3.6

6. Convert DAO 3.5 to DAO 3.6 Jet Engine 4.0

7. DAO 3.6 vs DAO 3.5 (VB6.0 sp3)

8. Reference DAO 3.6 Object Library or DAO 2.5/3.51 Compatibility Library

9. Upgrade from DAO 3.5 to DAO 3.6

10. upgrade from DAO 3.51 to DAO 3.6??

11. DAO 3.51 to DAO 3.6 NULLs question

12. DAO 3.6 and DAO 3.5