URGENT : Can VB 3.0 Read/Write to a secured Access 2.0 db?
Author Message
 URGENT : Can VB 3.0 Read/Write to a secured Access 2.0 db?

        We are developing a Client-Server application using VB 3.0 and Access 2.0.
We need to have security enabled on the Access db.  However with the security
enabled we can only open the Access db but not open, read or write to any of
the Access tables or queries.

          We have been able to attach  fields from Access 2.0 table/queries in
Crystal Reports but cannot preview or print them.

        We have installed the Access 2.0 compatibility layer.

Thanks In Advance.....

Derek

Sat, 27 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 URGENT : Can VB 3.0 Read/Write to a secured Access 2.0 db?

Quote:
> We need to have security enabled on the Access db.  However with the
> security enabled we can only open the Access db but not open, read or write
> to any of the Access tables or queries.

Use Access to create a new user (e.g. "MyApp") with all permissions your
VB program needs. Then use the SetDefaultWorkspace statement in VB to let
your programm log on as "MyApp", and your VB app will have all permissions
assigned to "MyApp".

Good luck,
Lutz
Lutz Lesener         "Wichtiger als die Postmoderne ist eine moderne Post"
Fax +49-2534-2252                        PGP-Public-Key via Return-Receipt

Sun, 28 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. Can ADO read/write Access 2.0 DB?

2. Can't open secure Access 2.0 DB from VB 4.0

3. Secure Access 2.0 DB via VB-32bit

4. Accessing a secured Access 2.0 DB with VB4.0 16-bit

5. Reading Access 2.0 db on network w/read-only access

6. VB 3.0 and Access 2.0 DB error message...

7. Install Access 2.0 Cmpt Layer w/o Access 2.0 for VB 3.0

8. How VB 3.0 Writes To Access Database 2.0

9. Problems ADO VB reading secured Access DB

10. Problems ADO VB reading secured Access DB

11. accessing records in one secure DB from another secure DB - programatically

12. Access 2.0/VB 3.0/SQL 6.5 simultaneous read problem