MS-Access 2.0 -> VB 4 migration. Is it possible?
Author Message
 MS-Access 2.0 -> VB 4 migration. Is it possible?

Hi! I would be very grateful if someone can help me with this question.
I am thinking in the possibility of migrating a MS-Access 2.0 application
running on Win 3.11 to VB 4, on Win 95.

The question is whether or not VB 4 is capable of importing MS-Access 2.0
forms.

I would be very grateful for any comment about how difficult can be the
process of migrating an application in that conditions, what kind of
problems can I expect, etc.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Andres Kupfer

PS.- Please, if possible, reply also via E-Mail. Thanks again!

Tue, 27 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 MS-Access 2.0 -> VB 4 migration. Is it possible?

Quote:

>The question is whether or not VB 4 is capable of importing MS-Access 2.0
>forms.
>I would be very grateful for any comment about how difficult can be the
>process of migrating an application in that conditions, what kind of
>problems can I expect, etc.

Short answer. No, VB4 cannot import Access forms.

Long answer. There may be third party tools that do this. The
code is very much the same, but the VB event model is not nearly
as rich as Access for bound controls. Also, you're going to
really miss the Access grid, combo, and listbox controls. You'll
need third-party OCXs to support the stuff you're used to in
Access. One more thing...there's no built in support for
sub-forms, you have to handle everything yourself using a grid.

Regards,

-----

Joe

Never underestimate the power of a WAG.

Thu, 29 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. MS Access 2.0/MS Jet 2.0 Locks

2. MS Access to VB migration

3. Possible send values between MS Word 2.0 - VB ?

4. Access 97 ---> Access 2000 migration

5. Access 2.0 -> Access 97 with VB

6. MS Access(GIF)->VB->NET??

7. FoxBase 2.0 Migration to Access 97

8. migration vb3.0: from access 2.0 to sql server 6.5

9. Converting Access 2.0 App to VB Possible???

10. VB 3.0-->VB 4.0 migration [easy question]

11. Possible conflict ACCESS 2.0 & VB 4.0

12. VB30 <-<ODBC>-> Access 2.0