Data control and compacting database
Author Message
 Data control and compacting database

I want to compact database (with DBEngine.CompactDatabase method), which was
previously associated with Data Control. When I do that, I get error: 3049 -
"Can't open 'file.mdb'. It may not be a database that your application
recognise, or file may be corrupt." I'm using VB6 Professional and DAO 3.51.
What is wrong?
Patryk

Fri, 02 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Closing Data control prior to 'Compact'

2. Compact Database no permissions for database

3. Closing database, recordset to compact my database

4. Closing databases, recordset? to compact database

5. Invalid database format error when compacting Access2K database

6. Q: Data from Access database without Data Control

7. Using the Data Control to control ODBC database ?

8. Searching database for date with calendar control and data control

9. Compact Database

10. How can I rename a newly compacted database?

11. Compacting and repairing a split database.

12. Escape from Compact database loop