Where is VB hot right now?
Author Message
 Where is VB hot right now?

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm not getting nearly the
number of calls from headhunters that I usually get for this time of
year (third week of January). I called a couple of recruiter friends
of mine and they said there is just no VB going on here  (Atlanta) and
it is just very slow.

That's strange for Atlanta. VB is usually about the hottest ticket in
town next to VC++. My question is "Is it hot where you are and if so
WHERE?"

Eric {*filter*}
Software Developer
Atlanta, GA USA

Mon, 05 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Where is VB hot right now?

Quote:

>VB is usually about the hottest ticket in
>town next to VC++. My question is "Is it hot where you are and if so
>WHERE?"

VB is still very hot in Washington DC.  I am just ending a contract and
there are quite a few nice offers full time and contract.  As a note MS
Access is extremly hot and I am getting offered the same rate or better to
do Access.  I also do MS SQL Server and that is getting very popular.
Best wishes,

            J. Barry O'Connell Jr.

           Washington DC Area
 Consultant to Government and Business
  All activity from this address is purely
 personal and not on behalf of anyone else.

Tue, 06 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Where is VB hot right now?

VB is a very good skill to have in the Washington, DC area right
now.  I don't think I have ever seen as many ads for VB as there
are around right now.

                                Al Noel
                                Fairfax, VA

Tue, 06 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Where is VB hot right now?

Quote:

>I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm not getting nearly the
>number of calls from headhunters that I usually get for this time of
>year (third week of January). I called a couple of recruiter friends
>of mine and they said there is just no VB going on here  (Atlanta) and
>it is just very slow.

>That's strange for Atlanta. VB is usually about the hottest ticket in
>town next to VC++. My question is "Is it hot where you are and if so
>WHERE?"

>Eric {*filter*}
>Software Developer
>Atlanta, GA USA

 Try http://www.*-*-*.com/ , they've got at least a hundred of job
postings right now. I wish I were down there in the US, man! Here, in
Canada VB is still hot, too, but not half that hot as further south.

Wed, 07 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Where is VB hot right now?

Quote:
> As a note MS
> Access is extremly hot and I am getting offered the same rate or better
> do Access.

Without giving anything away, what would you say is the average rate (or
range)  for VB database programming right now?

Just curious.
Donavon

Wed, 14 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT

2. Am I using UserForm Right?

3. Am I doing this right??

4. Help...Am I heading in the right direction???

5. Am I in the right direction

6. Am I doing this right???

7. Am I in the right place?

8. Am I doing this right!??