Oracle 8 and ODBC provider
Author Message
 Oracle 8 and ODBC provider

Hi, I am trying to make a connection to a database without knowing the Server
type, so I am using ODBC provider. What I am assuming is the DSN name, DSN
that can point to  virtually any database type. So I was using a connection
string like "DSN=dsnname;UID=user;password=password;" This works on SQLServer
and SQLBase but not with Oracle.Actualy the connection works fine but the
recordsets are empty. If I specify the MSDAORA provider instead of MSDASQL
everything is ok and my recordset is filled ok. But the problem is that at
design time I don't know the server type. How can I do this? Thank you.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sun, 01 Jun 2003 16:37:07 GMT

1. ADOX on Oracle through the OLEDB provider for ODBC

2. Connecting to Oracle thru Oracle OLE DB Provider(OraOLDDB.Oracle)

3. Oracle ODBC driver / Microsoft ODBC driver for Oracle

4. ODBC provider vs MS SQL provider (OLE DB)

5. Unable to connect Oracle using the Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Oracle

6. NT3.51-Oracle ODBC-Oracle DB

7. Oracle Objects vs Oracle ODBC in VB

8. HELP on connection to Oracle with Microsoft ODBC for Oracle Driver

9. Can't open Oracle database with DAO35 and Oracle-ODBC

10. ODBC error, Jet->ODBC->Oracle

11. Problem with Oracle Provider for OLE DB

12. Oracle .Net Data Provider Error