Accessing binary fields from DB2 via ODBC
Author Message
 Accessing binary fields from DB2 via ODBC

I have a problem with VB 5.0. I want to access binary fields from a
DB2-Server via ODBC. Images stored in the db should be displayed in a form.
After a testing-period I'm not sure if this is possible. Are there any
solutions to realise this in bounded/unbounded mode. I would prefer unbound
mode but will also use bounded mode if this is only/better way.

Andre Huettemann

Sun, 04 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Accessing binary fields from DB2 via ODBC
Andre,
I've used DB/2 on Unix to store binary objects containing Word template
files and I believe that pictures should work similarly. I used the
GetChuck() method to retrieve the BLOB object and stored it in a byte array.
The ODBC settings for DB/2 make a difference on how the BLOB columns are
handled. If you're interested, I'll check  my settings and let you know. One
problem I had was that Word required the template to be saved to a file.
This did cause some difficulties when the OS wasn't finished saving the file
when I attempted to open it (ugly delay methods that didn't always work).
Can you use the image without saving it to disk?

Oscar Bowyer

Quote:

>I have a problem with VB 5.0. I want to access binary fields from a
>DB2-Server via ODBC. Images stored in the db should be displayed in a form.
>After a testing-period I'm not sure if this is possible. Are there any
>solutions to realise this in bounded/unbounded mode. I would prefer unbound
>mode but will also use bounded mode if this is only/better way.

>Andre Huettemann

Mon, 05 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Binary fields MS-Access DB using ODBC

2. Updating DB2/2 via ODBC

3. DB2 varchar via ODBC

4. DB2 varchar via ODBC

5. Using the COUNT function in Access accessing db2 tbls thru ODBC

6. Accessing DB2 from Visual Basic via CAE/DOS

7. Problems accessing Access 2.0 via ODBC 2.x from VB3.0

8. SQL Server2K Money Field via ODBC not displaying any values

9. Oracle Date fields via ODBC in Crystal Reports

10. Can't get a Memo Field via ODBC

11. *EXACTLY* What is needed to make a DB2 database accessible via IBM DB2 ODBC Driver and VB?

12. VB30: Accessing OLE-field in ACCESS-DB via OLE-VBX