Problem accessing an Access 8 database from VB4
Author Message
 Problem accessing an Access 8 database from VB4

Hi

I'm currently updating some programs created with VB3.0 which use Access
2.0 databases in order for them to work with Access 8. The problem is
that I'm forced to use VB4 to do this and I seem not able to connect to
any Access 8 database. I always get the "Run-time error 3029, Not a
valid account name or password" message with the OpenDatabase method or
even with the Set MyWorkSpace = Workspaces(0) statement. I precise that
these databases require no password.

Before I begin to spend too much time looking for some configuration
problem on my machine, I'd be glad if someone could confirm if it is (or
it is not) possible to connect to an Access 8 database from VB4 (giving
that the MS Jet Engines that come with VB4 are versions 2.5 for 16 bits
applications and 3.0 for 32 bits applications).

Thanks in advance for any help.

Luc

Tue, 25 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem accessing an Access 8 database from VB4
Same problem with VB5.  We upgraded to Office 97 on our machines then we
were able to use the newer jet db engine.

Good Luck!
-Bob

Quote:
> Hi

> I'm currently updating some programs created with VB3.0 which use Access
> 2.0 databases in order for them to work with Access 8. The problem is
> that I'm forced to use VB4 to do this and I seem not able to connect to
> any Access 8 database. I always get the "Run-time error 3029, Not a
> valid account name or password" message with the OpenDatabase method or
> even with the Set MyWorkSpace = Workspaces(0) statement. I precise that
> these databases require no password.

> Before I begin to spend too much time looking for some configuration
> problem on my machine, I'd be glad if someone could confirm if it is (or
> it is not) possible to connect to an Access 8 database from VB4 (giving
> that the MS Jet Engines that come with VB4 are versions 2.5 for 16 bits
> applications and 3.0 for 32 bits applications).

> Thanks in advance for any help.

> Luc

Tue, 25 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. *** To the VB4 Gods: help accessing access database ***

2. Help : Accessing a secure access 2.0 database from VB4.0

3. VB4: How to let a Data control access a password protected ACCESS database

4. Accessing an Access 7.0 Database with VB4.0

5. Problem with access database in VB4 pro

6. Problem on open access 2.0 database by VB4

7. Database access problem after VB4 conversion

8. VB6 accessing simple password protected Access database problems

9. password problem with accessing a access database

10. MS Access 7 Database on Network and VB5 Multi User Access Problem

11. Accessing Access Database problem

12. HELP! Problem with accessing ACCESS database with CreateDynaset