Mail Merge: MS-Word/Access
Author Message
 Mail Merge: MS-Word/Access

We have a VB application that performs a mail merge by building up a
temporary table in Access, then kicking off Word with a macro that
automatically performs the mail merge & prints the
letters/labels/envelopes.

As it stands, we seem to need to have Access installed on the computer
for this to work properly.  Is this necessary?  What .dll files should I
include in the package to avoid this requirement?

Ian Klinck
--

Project Manager
Combeck Computer Design, Inc.

Tue, 09 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Mail Merge: MS-Word/Access
Hi,

My 2 cents worth is to not populate an Access table, Word will want to call
back to Access to query it.

Rather, use VB to create a predetermined text or rtf file and have your Word
mail-merge doc already pointed to it for data.

Aloha,
Doug

Quote:
> We have a VB application that performs a mail merge by building up a
> temporary table in Access, then kicking off Word with a macro that
> automatically performs the mail merge & prints the
> letters/labels/envelopes.

> As it stands, we seem to need to have Access installed on the computer
> for this to work properly.  Is this necessary?  What .dll files should I
> include in the package to avoid this requirement?

> Ian Klinck
> --

> Project Manager
> Combeck Computer Design, Inc.
> (905)206-0244 x37  fax: (905)206-9851

Tue, 09 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Mail Merge: MS-Word/Access
As long as you specify an Access table as the Data Source for the merge, Word
is going to try to start a DDE session with Access to perform the merge.  One
solution would be to output a text file containing the merge data, and specify
the text file as the Data Source.  You will no longer need Access.

Lee Weiner
weiner AT fuse DOT net
http://home.fuse.net/lweiner

Quote:
>We have a VB application that performs a mail merge by building up a
>temporary table in Access, then kicking off Word with a macro that
>automatically performs the mail merge & prints the
>letters/labels/envelopes.

>As it stands, we seem to need to have Access installed on the computer
>for this to work properly.  Is this necessary?  What .dll files should I
>include in the package to avoid this requirement?

>Ian Klinck

Wed, 10 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. mail-merge MS Word and MS Access via ASP

2. Word Mail merge field TO MS Access???

3. mail merge coding with MS access in word

4. Word Mail Merge Err - Word could not merge...

5. From VB6, call a MS WORD Mail-Merge feature

6. VB to MS Word Mail merge functionallity

7. Mail merge to Ms Word

8. MS Word 97 Mail Merge with Oracle Datasource?

9. SLOW MS Word Mail Merge with VB5

10. Mail Merge in MS Word?

11. MS-Word mail merge

12. OLE Control and MS Word Mail Merge