Quick? question
Author Message
 Quick? question

Hi,

(This is my first posting on this group, so forgive my newbie-ness.)

Can anyone help with the following example:

I have an event that occurs on the first wednesday of january every
year.
So this year: EventDate = 06/01/1999

How do I calculate next years EventDate ? (Obviously adding 1 year is
not the solution.)

ANY information would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Graeme.

Sun, 04 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Quick? question
Hi Graeme -

Use the Weekday function to return the day of the week - by default the
weekday function uses Sunday as day 1, so you will be testing for day 4.

If day(now) < 7 and Month(Now) = 1 Then
    ' Is in first week of first month
    If Weekday(Now) = 4 Then
       ' Is First Wednesday
    End If
End If

This should work - I haven't tested it - but if it doesn't then shout.

Regards

Stuart
London

Quote:
> Hi,

> (This is my first posting on this group, so forgive my newbie-ness.)

> Can anyone help with the following example:

> I have an event that occurs on the first wednesday of january every
> year.
> So this year: EventDate = 06/01/1999

> How do I calculate next years EventDate ? (Obviously adding 1 year is
> not the solution.)

> ANY information would be appreciated.

> Thanks,
> Graeme.

Sun, 04 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Quick? question

2. API, WM_SETEXT, quick question, need quick answer please

3. The quick question and the long question.

4. QUICK QUESTION:vb question/buying decision

5. Where can I get Quick Quick-basic

6. Quick Question - acOpenForm

7. Quick Question about writing long queries

8. Quick syntax question on - DoCmd.RunSQL

9. A few quick question (rst related)

10. Quick Question....

11. Quick Y/N Answer to a VBA Question

12. quick and easy question....please help!