SQL concurrent operations
Author Message
 SQL concurrent operations

I've written an app that select's data from one database and inserts
into another using a basic insert statement on an ADO command object.

This app needs to complete within a set time so I have done some tests
to try running multiple operations concurrently through ActiveX exe's.

The operations are indeed running concurrently but the time taken to
complete the tasks is the same as if they were run one after the
other.

The operations are performed by each exe against separate tables so I
cant see that locking is the problem.

Does anyone have any idea on why this is the case.  Perhaps an SQL
issue/setting.

I've tried using performance monitor etc but can't seem to find
anything that wuld suggest what's causing the bottleneck.

The app is written in VB6 using ADO2.1 against SQL 7.

Many Thanks
Darren Lewis

Thu, 16 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Handling Concurrent Users on an SQL Server 7

2. Handling Concurrent Users on an SQL Server 7

3. Handling Concurrent Users on an SQL Server 7

4. mdb/sql error: Operation must use an updateable query

5. SQL Server : Data has changed operation stopped.

6. Problem with SQL UNION operation through ODBC

7. How to do logical operation within a SQL

8. SQL Server : Data has changed operation stopped

9. How can I do a logical operation within a SQL

10. Geting the new ID for a record after a SQL insert operation

11. Bitwise operations in SQL

12. Illegal operation error in SQL Server with VB component under MTS