Deadlock errors & vb error trapping
Author Message
 Deadlock errors & vb error trapping

Hi all...

I am using VB & Sybase System 10. Our system is prone to
deadlocks, which Sybase calls error #1205. I tried to capture
that in the on error statement where I have a case 1205, mention
it in the status bar, then retry.

Problem is that I'm using ODBC to Sybase, and I'm thinking that
perhaps ODBC is converting the 1205 error to something ODBC uses.
Problem is, I can't tell what that is because it's difficult to
reproduce a deadlock on demand.

Might anyone know what error code I should be checking for in
this situation?

Thanks a lot for any info

Ron

Fri, 12 Sep 1997 09:12:59 GMT

1. DAO Error Trapping & Most Common Errors

2. ado errors not trapped by vb error object???

3. command button & error trapping

4. Trapping file sharing errors w/o ON ERROR?

5. on error (trapping error)

6. Custom 500 error page - trapping the error text?

7. Breaks on error even when error trapping set to break on unhandled

8. No Error or ERL number returned in error trap

9. On Error doesn't trap error!

10. onerror trap doesn't trap error!

11. Question on ADO Deadlock Error Handling

12. Deadlock Victim Error