VB6 accessing simple password protected Access database problems
Author Message
 VB6 accessing simple password protected Access database problems

I have a VB6-Access2000 app that I want to add simple database
password protection for, but when I run app I get a message "Cannot
start your app. the workgroup info file is missing or opened
exclusively by other user".

I thought that by using the simple database password, access bypasses
the need for the workgroup file. I have run the security wizard, on
seperate copies of DB, in my attempts to get this to work. could that
have changed some settings that force me to use the workgroup file?

I am using ADO to access the DB from VB. Do I need to add something to
my connection strings?

thanks for any help

Mon, 05 Jan 2004 02:42:25 GMT

1. VB6 + Password protected Access Database

2. Accessing a password protected Access 97 database using the Jet Engine

3. VB4: How to let a Data control access a password protected ACCESS database

4. Access a password protected access database.

5. VB 4.0 (32-bit) accessing password protected Access 7.0 database

6. VB 4.0 (32-bit) accessing password protected Access 7.0 database

7. Problem using Access 97 Password protected Database in VB

8. Problem using Access 97 Password protected Database in VB

9. how do i access a password protected MS-ACCESS db without the password

10. Access to a password protected shared folder from within vb6

11. Openning From VB6 A Password Protected Access 97 File

12. Access 97 Password protect hurdle using VB6