Newbie Needs Your Advice
Author Message
 Newbie Needs Your Advice

I've been asked to modify a program originally written in VB 3.0 to
include a form for entering data which will be stored in the Access
database created by the VB program.  I have experience working with
Access, but I've never programed with VB.

I've been given a ".mak" file and a copy of VB 4.0 now need some
direction. Which approach would work best for creating the data entry
form.  It seems in reviewing the Programmers Guide that there might be
several approaches available.

Any suggestions as to which method would work best would be greatly
appreciated.  Thanks in advance!

Jerry

Mon, 11 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Newbie Needs Your Advice

I am assuming you JUST want data entry, so I would have an unbound form,
containing Text Boxes, list boxes - whatever (depends on the data you
have).  This would have an OK (or ADD) and Cancel button.  Cancel would
just dismiss the form, OK would do a data check (I like to validate my data
beyond the format of the Text Box - some dates may be invalid for
instance!), then an ADDNEW to a recordset, and set the properties of each
field to the relevant items on your form.  Hope this helps - I can provide
an example if you would like.

Quote:
> I've been asked to modify a program originally written in VB 3.0 to
> include a form for entering data which will be stored in the Access
> database created by the VB program.  I have experience working with
> Access, but I've never programed with VB.

Wed, 13 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Client / Server newbie needs some advice

2. Newbie: need some advice

3. newbie needs your advice vb5.0

4. Newbie Needs Advice For Purchase

5. Newbie needs advice on project

6. Need newbie advice please

7. Newbie needs advice

8. need advice on making modem throughput meter (newbie)

9. Newbie needs advice on scope

10. Newbie needs advice

11. Newbie Needs Advice

12. COM add-in newbie advice please