Getting started learning RealBasic
Author Message
 Getting started learning RealBasic

Where is a good place to get started learning RealBasic? I have Visual Basic
6.0 as well. Should I begin learning VB and transfer my knowledge to
RealBasic? Are there any books out on RealBasic?
--

Ruel Smith
Cincinnati, OH

Just say no to confusing .ini, .bat, .dll, .exe, and BIOS and buy a Mac!!!

Sun, 16 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Getting started learning RealBasic

:> Where is a good place to get started learning RealBasic? I have Visual Basic
:> 6.0 as well. Should I begin learning VB and transfer my knowledge to
:> RealBasic? Are there any books out on RealBasic?
:> --
:>
:>
:> Ruel Smith
:> Cincinnati, OH
:>
:> Just say no to confusing .ini, .bat, .dll, .exe, and BIOS and buy a Mac!!!

I'd suggest that a good place to start learning RB would be to simply get
it, get the tutorial, get some sample apps, join the mailing list(s), and
go for it!  Some of your VB knowledge will transfer, and there's a program
available at the RB site to pre-process some of your VB code to fit better
into RB.  Matt Neuberg of TidBITS has completed his manuscript of a RB
book, but it's on hold while his publisher apparently debates whether to
go ahead and publish or wait until RB 2.0 is released (any time now).

= Steve =

--
Steve W. Jackson,  Montgomery, Alabama
http://www.mindspring.com/~sjacksn/stevehome.html

Sun, 16 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. starting another program from within realbasic

2. How can I learn REALbasic ?

3. Learning REALBasic

4. Q: How do I start an application from within a realbasic application

5. Learning RealBasic

6. Getting REALbasic 5 serial number ?

7. Considering getting RealBasic, need advice.

8. start learning smalltalk with squeak

9. Just started learning but.....

10. Starting to learn SQL and CW

11. Learning Forth, starting point