Anyone else having trouble with GIFs?
Author Message
 Anyone else having trouble with GIFs?

        I've been having great trouble opening GIFs as Picture objects.
It seems to actually crash my computer...  Is anyone else having this
problem?

        -jc

--

* Home page:   http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~afeldspar/index.html
*          The home of >>Failed Pilots Playhouse<<

Wed, 14 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Anyone else having trouble with GIFs?

Quote:

>         I've been having great trouble opening GIFs as Picture objects.
> It seems to actually crash my computer...  Is anyone else having this
> problem?

I'm pretty sure you can't open GIFs as pictures (PICs).
Try using a quicktime object.

--

(Remove the hyphen! Spambusters at work!)

***  Hm..what's this red button foo**NO CARRIER

Thu, 15 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Anyone else having trouble with GIFs?

Quote:

>> =

>>         I've been having great trouble opening GIFs as Picture objects.=

>> It seems to actually crash my computer...  Is anyone else having this
>> problem?

>I'm pretty sure you can't open GIFs as pictures (PICs).
>Try using a quicktime object.

Actually, you should be able to open anything that Quicktime can handle as
a picture; we deal with quite a few formats here and the only things that
RB can't handle are the images in CMYK (rather than RGB).

The problem is when an image is corrupted; QT doesn't always handle this
gracefully. Can you read the GIF image with (say) Pictureviewer or some
other QT based image viewer? (Note: GraphicConverter doesn't use QT, but
uses its own (usually better) image decoding code.)

Failing that, give it more memory. :)

Cheers,

Tim.

--
If a man was drowning in a lake of boiling urine, would you dive in to
save him? Of course not. That's Darwinism.

Thu, 15 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Anyone else having trouble with the CVS server?

2. Bot-kit - having trouble using light sensors

3. Is Clarion Foundry Site Having Trouble?

4. Still having trouble with conversion of ascii file

5. If you are having trouble reaching ISE...

6. Having trouble with Lecroy 2373 Memory Lookup Unit

7. Having trouble printing front panel with consistent magins

8. I having trouble using a serial i/o port with LabVIEW

9. Still having trouble with arrays

10. I am having trouble reading a time stamp on a video using OCR

11. Having trouble reading HPIB instrument consistently in a GPIB system

12. Having trouble with the HTTP Server vi