Reading PDF from RB (Again)
Author Message
 Reading PDF from RB (Again)

I had posted a request on this list for help on reading a PDF from RealBasic
and imaging each page as a bitmap.

Someone made the suggestion that I look at the MBS plugin, which I have
done.

From the way I read it, the MBS plugin can write a PDF under MacOS 9 and X,
and can read a PDF under X, but not under 9. Is this correct? If this is not
correct, could someone give me a pointer to the proper classes & methods to
use to open a PDF and render each page as an image?

Thanks again.

Eric

Wed, 30 Nov 2005 19:51:31 GMT
 Reading PDF from RB (Again)

Quote:

> From the way I read it, the MBS plugin can write a PDF under MacOS 9 and X,
> and can read a PDF under X, but not under 9. Is this correct? If this is not
> correct, could someone give me a pointer to the proper classes & methods to
> use to open a PDF and render each page as an image?

The PDFLib classes can write PDFs on Mac OS and Windows.

The CoreGraphics PDF class can read and write PDFs on Mac OS X.

What's missing is the GhostScript class for reading PDFs on Mac and
Windows, but there are some bugs in the Mac Ghostscript port so the
plugin crashes. (so it's not released)

Mfg
Christian

--
Four thousand functions in one REALbasic plug-in. The MBS Plugin.

<http://www.monkeybreadsoftware.de/realbasic/plugins.html>

Wed, 30 Nov 2005 21:24:55 GMT

1. Read PDF from RB?

2. Scheme vs ML again and again and again and again

3. Scheme vs ML again and again and again and again

4. PDF creating again!

5. Transparency in RB 3D again

6. RB and AppleScript question again.

7. calling applescript from RB again