Rendering HTML?
Author Message
 Rendering HTML?

I desperately need some help. I'm thisclose to having a web browser with
an interface I actually like, but I need to know how to render HTML. If
anyone has a clue how to do this, please post it here!!!

TIA,
Robert

Wed, 12 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Rendering HTML?
Can you explain more precisely what you mean by "rendering" HTML??
Mike

Robert Goodwin:

Quote:
> I desperately need some help. I'm thisclose to having a web browser with
> an interface I actually like, but I need to know how to render HTML. If
> anyone has a clue how to do this, please post it here!!!

> TIA,
> Robert

Thu, 13 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Rendering HTML?
I want the program to look at the headers and make the text look right
(links work right, headings look right, etc.)
Robert
Quote:

> Can you explain more precisely what you mean by "rendering" HTML??
> Mike

> Robert Goodwin:

> > I desperately need some help. I'm thisclose to having a web browser with
> > an interface I actually like, but I need to know how to render HTML. If
> > anyone has a clue how to do this, please post it here!!!

> > TIA,
> > Robert

Thu, 13 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Rendering HTML?

Quote:

> I desperately need some help. I'm thisclose to having a web browser with
> an interface I actually like, but I need to know how to render HTML. If
> anyone has a clue how to do this, please post it here!!!

> TIA,
> Robert

        Hoo, good thing you're asking simple, specific questions. =)
Try starting your research at http://www.w3c.org instead.  You should
definitely start by distinguishing between 'block' elements and 'inline'
elements.

        -jc

--

* Home page:  http://members.tripod.com/~afeldspar/index.html
*          The home of >>Failed Pilots Playhouse<<

Thu, 13 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Rendering HTML?

Quote:

>I desperately need some help. I'm thisclose to having a web browser with
>an interface I actually like, but I need to know how to render HTML. If
>anyone has a clue how to do this, please post it here!!!

This close? Rendering HTML is the hardest part of making a browser. You sound
like you need alot more experience with computers in general.

--
If you get criticised for doing something you didnt do, then whats the reason
to not do it anyway? Your guilty of that crime no matter what you do.

Email: Anti-chaos. ICQ://26027485

Fri, 14 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Rendering HTML?
I've got an editfield class that renders HTML somewhat.
It's here:

http://www.playground.ltc.vanderbilt.edu/~holtondl/basic/

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Fri, 14 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Rendering HTML?
I'll admit I don't actually program in realbasic yet (my comp is too old to
run it) but I'll see what I can do to help.
Rendering or 'parsing' HTML will require you to search for the characters
< (open angle bracket) and & (ampersand). Each time you find one of these,
you need to pick out the first word following the character as the type of
operation to do. You can then call a subroutine with that name (I'm assuming
this is supported straightforwardly as in Hypercard), which takes the rest
of the tag as its parameter. You would then have to remove quotation marks
and spaces on either side of equal signs, giving you a set of labelled
parameters. You will then need a default set of parameters, or a default
method for determining them, to cover parameters not given in the original
HTML. For ampersands this business would be easier, just read the text up
until the next semi-colon and look it up in a table.
Taking care of tags that mark-up rather than including (eg <a></a>) will
probably require a bit more work - I would expect this involves putting in
some sort of marker where the opening tag was found.
At any rate, make sure you're not outputting the text within the tags at
the end!
Overall this sounds like a huge amount of work, but I wish you well with it.

HTH,
Karl Knechtel {:-#>
da728 at torfree dot net

: I want the program to look at the headers and make the text look right
: (links work right, headings look right, etc.)
: Robert

: >
: > Can you explain more precisely what you mean by "rendering" HTML??
: > Mike
: >
: > Robert Goodwin:
: >
: > > I desperately need some help. I'm thisclose to having a web browser with
: > > an interface I actually like, but I need to know how to render HTML. If
: > > anyone has a clue how to do this, please post it here!!!
: > >
: > > TIA,
: > > Robert

Sat, 15 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Rendering HTML classes/plugins/methods

2. Render HTML?

3. Rendering HTML-formatted text as normal text

4. 2D unifiable structures for rendering HTML tables ?

5. How to render HTML in a canvas?

6. HTML render - browser component (OCX or DLL) for Clarion

7. Querying ActiveX/OLE-interfaces with Object Rexx and rendering them into HTML

8. html rendering question

9. HTML rendering

10. HTML Rendering in PHP (eg. HTML -> image)

11. ANNOUNCE: IndexMaker 6.7: an index.html maker from PDF,HTML,VRML and other files

12. ANNOUNCE: IndexMaker 6.6: an index.html maker from PDF,HTML,VRML and other files