many keys pressed at the same time
Author Message
 many keys pressed at the same time

I am working on a two-player game and have a problem : when more than 3 keys
are pressed at the same times, RB became very strange with the
keyboard.asynckeydown or with the spritesurface.keytest commands : new
pressed keys are not "seen".

Help me please. what can i do?

Thanks

Mon, 06 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 many keys pressed at the same time

Quote:

> I am working on a two-player game and have a problem : when more than 3 keys
> are pressed at the same times, RB became very strange with the
> keyboard.asynckeydown or with the spritesurface.keytest commands : new
> pressed keys are not "seen".

> Help me please. what can i do?

Live with it.  It's a hardware limitation.  It depends on exactly what
model of Mac and keyboard you have, and which keys you press, too.
(You can always press at least all the modifier keys at once, and
usually 3 or more other keys.)  Experiment with KeyCaps.

Cheers,
-- Joe

Mon, 06 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 many keys pressed at the same time

Quote:

> I am working on a two-player game and have a problem : when more than 3
> keys are pressed at the same times, RB became very strange with the
> keyboard.asynckeydown or with the spritesurface.keytest commands : new
> pressed keys are not "seen".

That's a restriction of Mac OS, not of RB. See the description of the
"GetKeys" toolbox call at

<http://developer.apple.com/techpubs/mac/Toolbox/Toolbox-77.html>

Quote:
> Help me please. what can i do?

Use modifier keys (option, shift etc.) instead of character keys.

rolf

Tue, 07 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 many keys pressed at the same time
Rolf Heller wrote on 20/7/00 11:11 pm:

Quote:
>> I am working on a two-player game and have a problem : when more than 3
>> keys are pressed at the same times, RB became very strange with the
>> keyboard.asynckeydown or with the spritesurface.keytest commands : new
>> pressed keys are not "seen".

> That's a restriction of Mac OS, not of RB. See the description of the
> "GetKeys" toolbox call at

More correctly, It's a restriction of the hardware of the majority of
keyboards. Most of the keys are arranged in a matrix, and it is not
physically possible to detect some combinations of multiple keys pressed at
the same time. Does not of course apply to modifier keys.

Tue, 07 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Key press time

2. How to capture key-presses (keyboard-presses)???

3. IBM VA close window upon key pressed event

4. Tracking key presses, mouse clicks and mouse movements?

5. Command-key presses

6. Changing the cursor when control key pressed.

7. Key press events on a window

8. Selecting TAB sheet by pressing TAB key

9. Keycode() - Getting a response to a key press

10. Trapping a key press event

11. pressing ESC key in source procedure

12. KEY PRESSED DETECT(@@@@ Help Please @@@@)