read file into string
Author Message
 read file into string

Hi,

I have to parse a text file to get a lot of infos. To speedup this
process I was thinking to read whole file (2MB) in a string. Is it
feasible? How much mem would it take? How big can strings be?

Thanks,
Tomas

Sun, 06 Nov 2005 01:20:50 GMT
 read file into string

Quote:

> Hi,

> I have to parse a text file to get a lot of infos. To speedup this
> process I was thinking to read whole file (2MB) in a string. Is it
> feasible?

textinputstream.readall will help you.

Quote:
> How much mem would it take?

2 MB.

Quote:
> How big can strings be?

2 GB.

Mfg
Christian

--
Four thousand functions in one REALbasic plug-in. The MBS Plugin.

<http://www.monkeybreadsoftware.de/realbasic/plugins.html>

Sun, 06 Nov 2005 02:30:24 GMT

1. how to read the strings form a spread sheet file back into LABVIEW as strings

2. how do I open a file with a string read from another file

3. String file will not read in 5E

4. Reading binary files, unflatten binary string

5. Win32for Reading numbers and strings from a file

6. How to read/write strings to a file

7. read a file into a list of strings

8. Reading binary files (or strings)

9. Reading a file Into a string

10. reading an entire file as a string

11. Read +Inf from file/string

12. Reading Hex values (strings) from a text file