Activating parent application from a global float
Author Message
 Activating parent application from a global float

i have a global float which has the option of activating it's parent app.
How do you bring the parent app to front?
you you need to use AEvents?

Sun, 01 Feb 2004 20:25:48 GMT
 Activating parent application from a global float

Quote:

> i have a global float which has the option of activating it's parent app.
> How do you bring the parent app to front?

See my clipb example application (at my web site), which does exactly this
- look at how the BringMeToTheFront method works. It does it with toolbox
calls. (The code also appears in the last chapter of my book.) m.

--

*** REALbasic, The Definitive Guide! ***
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/realbasic/

Sun, 01 Feb 2004 22:23:09 GMT
 Activating parent application from a global float
try using an ApppleScript. just use the script editor to record one, then
strip it of all the rubbish SE tends to put in.

perhaps:

on run
    tell application "--your app's name--"
    activate
end run

(i haven't tried this, but it should work)

drag the script to the project window, and run it by calling the script's
name as you would a method.

(for info on how to get the app's name, see RB: The Definitive Guide)

Quote:

> Newsgroups: comp.lang.basic.realbasic
> Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 00:25:48 +1200
> Subject: Activating parent application from a global float

> i have a global float which has the option of activating it's parent app.
> How do you bring the parent app to front?
> you you need to use AEvents?

Sat, 07 Feb 2004 04:11:23 GMT

1. Activating tasks at Global Scope

2. Activating tasks at global scope

3. Keydown in Global floating window

4. Global floating window bug?

5. Global floating window

6. Global Floating Windows under OS X

7. Global Floating Windows

8. backdrop in global floating window

9. Global Floating Window is not closable in System Extension

10. Global floating palette

11. Global Floating window question.

12. Global Floating Windows