Threads in compiled programs
Author Message
 Threads in compiled programs

Hi,

I have program that works in the RB environment, but not in the
compiled program. Do threads change behaviour after compilation ?

I have put a sequence grabber in a thread, which needs a constant call
to SGIdle().

thanks,
walther

Fri, 16 Jan 2004 21:36:11 GMT
 Threads in compiled programs

Quote:

> Hi,

> I have program that works in the RB environment, but not in the
> compiled program. Do threads change behaviour after compilation ?

No.

Quote:
> I have put a sequence grabber in a thread, which needs a constant call
> to SGIdle().

Maybe you put this call into a Timer. This makes CPU usage lower.

Mfg
Christian

--
Your mouse has moved.
Windows has to reboot for changes to take effect.

http://www.christians-software.de (Free Mac/Win software)

Fri, 16 Jan 2004 21:55:37 GMT
 Threads in compiled programs

Quote:

> > Hi,

> > I have program that works in the RB environment, but not in the
> > compiled program. Do threads change behaviour after compilation ?

> No.

> > I have put a sequence grabber in a thread, which needs a constant call
> > to SGIdle().

> Maybe you put this call into a Timer. This makes CPU usage lower.

I put something this in the Run event:

  SGInitialize
  SGStartPreview
  while not usercancelled
    SGIdle()
  wend

Btw. the usercancellation worked in the RB environment, but not in the
compiled program?

thanks,
walther

Fri, 16 Jan 2004 22:18:06 GMT
 Threads in compiled programs

Put something like this in the open event:

Quote:
>   SGInitialize
>   SGStartPreview

timer1.mode=2
timer1.period=100 'or even lower

Timer1.Action:

Quote:
>     SGIdle()
> Btw. the usercancellation worked in the RB environment, but not in the
> compiled program?

Seems so.

Mfg
Christian

--
"INTEL INSIDE" - The World's Most Widely Used Warning Label

http://www.christians-software.de (Free Mac/Win software)

Fri, 16 Jan 2004 22:34:43 GMT
 Threads in compiled programs

Quote:

> Put something like this in the open event:

> >   SGInitialize
> >   SGStartPreview

> timer1.mode=2
> timer1.period=100 'or even lower

> Timer1.Action:

> >     SGIdle()

Good idea. The times has to be set at 10 to give a smooth framerate
with 300MHz and a USB framegrabber (XLR8 InterView DoNotBuy!)

I got it running by seperating the init/start/update functions. I
assume it has something to do with the ofscreen buffers not beeing set
fast enough, or at different rates in compiled/non-compiled programs.
(I did do error checks, but they were fine)

So if anyone was wondering if it is possible to set up a framegrabber
with RB and Declare functions, it is :)

thank you for the help,
walther

Fri, 16 Jan 2004 23:41:00 GMT

1. windows compile of 8.3.3 compiled for threads available

2. multi-threaded *nix program needs to spawn an external program/script

3. Help: Fortran program as a thread of a C program

4. Program compiled with pgf77 uses location of program as default directory

5. Threads creating threads creating threads...

6. thread, threading, mutex modules and non-threading interpreters

7. jargon for threading and compiling

8. Problem compiling with multi-threading library

9. NetBSD 1.4.2/sparc won't compile Python w/thread support from ports collection

10. Compiling python with threads

11. HELP: Compiling threads module in Linux

12. Compiling Python threads under Solaris 2.5