PC monitor on Mac?
Author Message
 PC monitor on Mac?

Hi,

In continuing my quest for determining the feasiblitiy of programming on the
Mac, I was wondering if it is possible to use a standard 21" monitor on a
Mac?  My idea would be to buy a used G4 and sit it right next to my PC and
use my PC keyboard and monitor with the Mac via a switch.  Is this possible?
It would really help me to save money!!

Thanks,

Dan

Sun, 02 May 2004 11:49:11 GMT
 PC monitor on Mac?

Quote:
>n continuing my quest for determining the feasiblitiy of programming on
>the Mac, I was wondering if it is possible to use a standard 21" monitor on
>a Mac?  My idea would be to buy a used G4 and sit it right next to my PC and
>use my PC keyboard and monitor with the Mac via a switch.  Is this possible?

Monitor? Yes. No problem.

Keyboard? No, unless it's a USB keyboard--and even then, a non-Mac-specific USB
keyboard will not work reliably.

--
"Quand la morale triomphe, il se passe des choses tres vilaines."
Literature. Art. Photography. Forums. Shareware. Kink. Sex.

Sun, 02 May 2004 12:34:01 GMT
 PC monitor on Mac?

Quote:

> Hi,

> In continuing my quest for determining the feasiblitiy of programming on the
> Mac, I was wondering if it is possible to use a standard 21" monitor on a
> Mac?

Monitors are independend to PC and Mac.
I for me have a 19" iiyama monitor which has 2 VGA ports and I'm
switching between.
But I've got an extra mouse and an extra keyboard for the PC.

Mfg
Christian

--
The world will end in 5 minutes.  Please log out.

http://www.christians-software.de (Free Mac/Win software)

Sun, 02 May 2004 16:25:03 GMT
 PC monitor on Mac?
Hello,
 Perhaps, you should look to VNCserver or Stargate or Dave or Timbuktu
or some software wich allow you to have a window showing graphic
activity of the other machine (problem is to manage the  stratup as the
resolution is choosed with a 'dialog' between computer and video
connector.

good luck

Quote:

--
Eurema - systemes parafoudre
6a, quai Marc Seguin

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/parafoudres.eurema/

Mon, 10 May 2004 16:09:26 GMT

1. Monitoring global CPU load (Mac OS X only)

2. How to get a MAC-Address from a PC in a local network

3. New language Avail for PC and Mac

4. Running the same APL on both a Mac and a PC

5. Need programmer to make slideshow Mac PC

6. Is RB3D Fully hybrid PC/MAC?

7. Quicktime problem Mac > PC

8. Cross platform PC/Mac?

9. ADV: PC-Mac-Net FileShare v2.2 adds interface enhancements

10. Q: about Learning world for the Mac/PC

11. Convert VW1.0 Mac to PC - HELP!

12. Smalltalk on PCs and Macs