Something probably simple...
Author Message
 Something probably simple...

I am making applications with a lot of calculations, using several input
and results windows.
I am still not mastering a very basic process:
I do the inputs in one window, using EditFields, saving my numerical
inputs in the Controls TextChange as
    MyVariable(Index)=Val(MyVariableBox(Index).Text)
Now I would like to display the same variable in another window and make
sure it is updated when I change the value in the inputs window. So far,
I have copied the MyVariableBox(i) EditField in the other window, but I
don't know how to display the value and refresh it. I have tried to
declare my MyVariableBox(i) and MyVariable(i) values in a module, so it
should be available everywhere, an d I have written a procedure in the
module that says:
    sub Update()
        dim i as Integer
        For i=0 to 3
            MyVariableBox(i).Text=Str(MyVariable(i))
        Next
    end sub
but that doesn't seem to work: I get an error message: "Unhandled
NilObjectException raised".

Shall I create a Class ? I am not yet familiar with classes...

If anyone can help a beginner, I would be immensely grateful...
--
Franz der Schweizer
Faber fit fabricando

Wed, 27 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. probably a simple problem

2. I have a very simple..probably stupid..clipper question

3. Probably a simple newbie question...

4. Problem (probably simple) that I can't solve

5. Probably a simple one

6. Probably a simple question

7. Help! Probably a simple problem

8. Probably really simple but...

9. Please help with query - probably very simple...

10. Problem with a piece of code (probably a simple one)

11. Help : IndexError - probably pretty simple

12. Novice Programmer needs help doing something simple, MERGE