Disabling one tab of the tabpanel....
Author Message
 Disabling one tab of the tabpanel....

hi!

Subject is all I'd like to know ....:)

Sincerely
Nikki

Fri, 04 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Disabling one tab of the tabpanel....

Quote:
>hi!

>Subject is all I'd like to know ....:)

From past experience I do not believe that is possible in REALbasic.

I suggest making a custom tabpanel with a canvas.

-Nick Vellios

http://www.squirrelsw.com

Visual MacStandardBasic - Quick, fast, efficient Visual Development tool.  Get
your copy today!  www.macstandardbasic.com

Fri, 04 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Disabling one tab of the tabpanel....

Quote:

> hi!

> Subject is all I'd like to know ....:)

do you know that an invisible tablpanel works like a visible one (ie
shows or hides its controls) ? just pilot it with buttons which set the
correct tabpanel.value. you also have the possibility to disable those
buttons individually.

hope that help !

Sat, 05 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Disabling one tab of the tabpanel....

Quote:

> > hi!

> > Subject is all I'd like to know ....:)

> do you know that an invisible tablpanel works like a visible one (ie
> shows or hides its controls) ? just pilot it with buttons which set the
> correct tabpanel.value. you also have the possibility to disable those
> buttons individually.

> hope that help !

You can maybe change the value of the tabpanel when you receive its
"change" event;

Like this:
Say you have a tabpanel with 5 tabs and the 4th should be "disabled" (It
is the 3th because the index begin at 0); We have a property (LastSel as
integer) to recall the last selected:

sub change()
if me.value<>3 then
LastSel=me.value
else
beep
me.value=LastSel
end if
end sub

sub open()
LastSel=0 'The first value
end sub

Hope this help

Sat, 05 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Disabling one tab of the tabpanel....

Quote:

> Hope this help

No, it was not what I asked about. I tried it before - looks ugly.

Sincerely
Nikki

Sat, 05 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Hide / Show tabs in a TabPanel

2. Enabling/Disabling Tabs on Tab Control in an *.EXE

3. Disabling Tabs on Tab Control

4. Enabling/Disabling Tabs on Tab Control in an *.EXE

5. Disabling Tab Controll Pages

6. Disabling Tab Controll Pages - SERIOUS

7. disabling a notebook tab

8. Disable a tab during an insert

9. Disabling ALT+TAB

10. Disable Win2k keys (Alt-Tab, ...)

11. Labview events and disabled controls on a tab control

12. disabling tab in text widget and tk(...) procs