using realbasic to develop a http server
Author Message
 using realbasic to develop a http server

i have explored into many of the sample code on socket.
none of it demostrate a true server solution.
i am trying to write a http server, which will be listening on port 80 for
many simulteneos sessions.

Mon, 03 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 using realbasic to develop a http server
i have explored into many of the sample code on socket.
none of it demonstrate a true server solution.
i am trying to write a http server, which will be listening on port 80 for
many simultaneous sessions.

rb has strong support in socket, but it seems to listen only once on single
port. once a client has established a connection with it, the port will not
be available for other until the first connection is closed and
re-establish.
un-fortunately, in http server environment, i need to handle multiple
connections on single port number (which is 80).

anyone has done this before??

Mon, 03 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 using realbasic to develop a http server

Quote:

>i have explored into many of the sample code on socket.
>none of it demonstrate a true server solution.
>i am trying to write a http server, which will be listening on port 80 for
>many simultaneous sessions.

>rb has strong support in socket, but it seems to listen only once on single
>port. once a client has established a connection with it, the port will not
>be available for other until the first connection is closed and
>re-establish.
>un-fortunately, in http server environment, i need to handle multiple
>connections on single port number (which is 80).

>anyone has done this before??

Yes. Don't bother.  It sucked rocks and I had experience in writing HTTP
servers before (I wrote one that runs on the Newton Messagepad that was
featured in WiReD magazine and have worked on one in Java, as well).

I ended up recasting the functions I needed into a CGI that I called from
MacOS Personal Websharing (or any other WebSTAR compatible server) after
trying and trying to avoid all the crashes and instabilities.

Don't re-invent this wheel, my friend...
--
Matthew Vaughn

Mon, 03 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 using realbasic to develop a http server

Quote:

> i have explored into many of the sample code on socket.
> none of it demostrate a true server solution.
> i am trying to write a http server, which will be listening on port 80 for
> many simulteneos sessions.

REALbasic currently supports listening for one connection at a time.
However, James Milne is developing a server socket control as a plug-in for
REALbasic. You can contact him at http://www.essencesw.com/.

--

Geoff Perlman
REAL Software, Inc.

Mon, 10 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. WebToolkit : Using Front-End HTTP Servers

2. Using remote MySQL server with PHP via HTTP

3. Need advice: serving data using http/web-server to clients ( not only browsers )

4. login to web server using http 2.0/Tcl

5. passing code from http to TCL using AOL Server

6. Build https server with Tcl http server?

7. RealBasic 5 and HTTP

8. developing smalltalk client/server apps?

9. realbasic and dns server

10. Running RealBasic Application after Logout on OS-X Server

11. EXPERIENCES USING CLIPPER + ADVANTAGE DATABASE SERVER (OR OTHER SERVER)