Checking for Quicktime
Author Message
 Checking for Quicktime

My project requires that QuickTime 3.0 or newer be installed on the
computer.  Do you know of any way to do this.

Thanks!!!
James Coole

Fri, 07 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Checking for Quicktime

Quote:

> My project requires that QuickTime 3.0 or newer be installed on the
> computer.  Do you know of any way to do this.

Use Gestalt to get the value of the selector "qtim" - the higest byte of
the returned 32 bit int contains the major version number.

In RB 2, Gestalt is included, before that, you need to get a plugin that
gives you that function.

Here's something out of my head:

 dim vers, majorversion as integer
 vers = System.Gestalt("qtim")
 majorversion = vers / (256*256*256)
 if majorversion < 3 then
   msgbox "QT 3 is needed. Please upgrade."
   quit
 end

--
Thomas Tempelmann

<mailto:tom$tempel.org>

Sat, 08 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Checking for Quicktime

Quote:
> In RB 2, Gestalt is included, before that, you need to get a plugin that
> gives you that function.

Why not use shared libs access? The example for it is even in RB
documentation (even rb 1.0)! The interfaceLib shared lib is available at
Apple's FTP.

Sat, 08 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Check for QuickTime Installed and Version on a PC?

2. File check in/check out

3. changing the size of the check button on a check button menu entry

4. Copy Protection & Quicktime

5. Problems with Quicktime under Windows

6. Quicktime embed + CDROM question

7. QuickTime on Windows

8. Is QuickTime available?

9. Quicktime sound conversions