Constants in Popup Menu Lists
Author Message
 Constants in Popup Menu Lists

Is there a way to change the Initial Value list for a popup menu to a list
of constants instead?

If not, how can we change such lists for localization?

Best Regards,
Jeffrey

Thu, 04 Nov 2004 02:25:30 GMT
 Constants in Popup Menu Lists

Quote:

>Is there a way to change the Initial Value list for a popup menu to a list
>of constants instead?

Yes. In the Initial Value list, type in the names of your constants,
preceded by a pound sign, each on its own line. Like so:

 #cstrPoor
 #cstrFair
 #cstrGood
 #cstrExcellent

You'll still see the name of the constant when you're designing the
window (unlike when you use constants in, say, labels, where the IDE will
resolve it even in design view). But it will nonetheless work when run in
the IDE and when compiled.

 - Jeff

Thu, 04 Nov 2004 02:33:12 GMT
 Constants in Popup Menu Lists
Hi, Jeff--

Thanks!

Best Regards,
Jeffrey

Quote:

>> Is there a way to change the Initial Value list for a popup menu to a list
>> of constants instead?

> Yes. In the Initial Value list, type in the names of your constants,
> preceded by a pound sign, each on its own line. Like so:

> #cstrPoor
> #cstrFair
> #cstrGood
> #cstrExcellent

> You'll still see the name of the constant when you're designing the
> window (unlike when you use constants in, say, labels, where the IDE will
> resolve it even in design view). But it will nonetheless work when run in
> the IDE and when compiled.

> - Jeff

Thu, 04 Nov 2004 02:44:27 GMT

1. get list index of a popup menu

2. Problem with Popup menus in Browse List boxes

3. Popup menus in empty Browse List boxes

4. HELP: Directory Listing (popup list)...

5. enabling, disabling, checking popup menus

6. Popup Menu Formatting

7. Windows Explorer Popup menu options

8. Threading problem with popup menu???

9. Hiding menu in popup-window